03 November 2008

Squatter!

Met up with Travis and Fernando and we went to the laundromat and the ate Pizza at Mellow Mushroom, which is just around the corner from Cyclone Laundry. Then, I went back to their apartment and had a shower before I went to work. Worked until 12 AM. When I left, that guy Chris, who has moved into the PH, was still there. That didn't look good. Had a woman steal a CoinStar receipt from me, for $66.90. She was so slick, I didn't even see it. Wound up $47 short, but I am sure they found it today or something, as there is no way I would be that short on my register.

Unfortunately when I got back to the PH, that fucking squatter Chris was still there, in my fucking sleeping bag! I woke him up and asked him what the fuck he was doing in my bag, and he said he was cold. I told him I didn't care how cold he was, that wasn't my problem, so he got out of my bag. I told him he would have to find another place to sleep, and he said there was plenty of room for two people (there isn't, and he is nasty). He said he wasn't leaving.

I didn't feel like arguing, so I got my stuff together and left. I told him he had better not be there when I get back tonight. I hate to be ugly, but he just moved himself in where I have been staying, and that leaves me without a place to stay. If there is a "homeless etiquette", I am not familiar with it, but I want him out. I don't intend to be there any longer than I have to, and then he can have the place to himself. I don't know if I would actually get physical with him over it: I hope he just takes a hint and leaves. Anyway, I spent the night in the back corner of the stage over by Serrano's. Oh, yeah: and the motherfucker ate my dinner! I had an MRE for my dinner last night, and that piece of shit ate it! He even had his own food (some cookies and some chips), but he ate mine! Fucking thief!

I am not scheduled to work again this week, but I hope they call me and want me to come in, as I was only scheduled 22 hours, and that is not near enough. I am short on commissioner for the election, and I called the election department. Hopefully, they will call me back soon. We will definitely need everyone this time. Saw Peggy Bueche yesterday, and she and the elderly couple that I had last time will be there, but the other woman dropped out. Have to be up for 4:45 AM, so I hope that scumbag Chris is gone by the time I get back there tonight. I hate to be ugly to anyone, especially since I understand how it feels not to have any place to go, but I have to survive.

So, I am at CC's, like every day, blogging and surfing the net, trying to find some kind of place to stay or roommate wanted post somewhere. They have started playing Christmas music already. I think this is going to be a pretty poor Christmas for yours truly, but then, the last one kind of sucked, too. At least I had Dad to share Christmas and Thanksgiving with last year: looks like I will be all alone this year.

There is a feeling of being all alone about this experience. That is the main reason I would rather be at work, or with friends. I feel so terribly alone, like I can't depend on anybody for help. Pretty much everything I do I have to do alone. There are only a few people who care at all what happens to me, and I am not getting much help. Granted, there are some friends who have helped me, but there are others who could and aren't. I am too polite to ask for help: I figure that they know my situation and would help me if they could, but they don't. It's enough to make you very depressed. Sometimes, I feel completely helpless, and almost lose all hope. I have come very close to losing all hope, several times. I am really down, right now. I'm going to go by work later, to check and see if they need me later this week, and pick up an MRE to eat tomorrow at the polls.

Hope I have a place to sleep tonight.

No comments: