20 November 2008

My Game PLan: 20.11.08

Well, got to sleep on Travis and Fernando's floor last night, which was good, because it was about 40 degrees Fahrenheit outside the night before, and it was a lot softer with my sleeping bag on the carpet. Watched Tropic Thunder, which Fernando had just gotten the day before: it was pretty funny. Tom Cruise was hilarious, as was Robert Downey.

The other night, as I was sleeping outside, I heard a disturbance, like footsteps in the leaves, which woke me (any sound that might be a threat wakes me). Well, imagine my surprise when I looked up to see a rather large mother raccoon, carrying one of her kits, headed away from the building behind me. I guess she was moving them to a warmer location. It's amazing, all of the wildlife that exists in the city! I felt like I was in the middle of a nature video.

Anyway, I got up this morning and discovered that I had a bit of gout in my left elbow. I have had problems with gout in the past, but not had an outbreak for several years. I think it is all the coffee I have been drinking at CC's lately. I am having tea right now. Today is, of course, Hotel Day (yay!), and I have my reservation at La Quinta. I am going to work in a few minutes, to get my paycheck and cash it, and then I am going to Wal-Mart, not for any particular reason (which I don't usually do) but just to kill some time, since I can't check into the hotel until 3.

Good news: my friend Chester came by the store last night and told me that he will loan me money next week, so that I can finally get an apartment (big YAY!). This is really good news, and it means that this could be that last Hotel Day, which is kind of sad, but we have to move on in our lives, after all. So, I may have something to be thankful for on Thanksgiving (I am working Thanksgiving, anyway, since I don't have any family to visit and no place to go). I am looking for a turkey MRE ...

Anyway, I work tonight, until 10, but I might get off early because I worked late last night and I will have overtime, which gets everybody all excited and apoplectic. Hey: they keep asking me to work, and I need the money. It isn't like I have a lot else to do, since I don't have a life.

So, my next post should be from the comfort and safety of La Quinta Inn on Acadian Thruway. With luck, I will get off in time to have a nice dinner at Mestizo. That, a bottle of Chardonnay and Adult Swim is my game plan.

No comments: