17 November 2008

A Somewhat Pleasant Week-end

Wow. I actually went two days without blogging. Really, there wasn't much to blog about. Friday, I went by the store to check my schedule and pick up an MRE for dinner, and I wound up working until closing, which was okay because I really didn't have anything to do any way. I wound up sleeping on Travis' back porch, because it was misting rain and there was a cold wind. I huddled up in the back corner of the porch and got a few hours' sleep.

Around 7 AM, Travis came outside and invited me in and I had coffee with them and we just hung out for a while. I got to take a shower and went to work. I was going to meet the for dinner, but they went to Koi with David, and I didn't have a way to change (I couldn't very well walk into a cool sushi place in bike clothes, carrying a backpack), so I ate some awful, dried out chicken tenders from the store, instead.

So, Travis and Fernando and David and I watched movies and hung out and drank beer and got high. We watched Young Frankenstein, The Love Guru and several episodes of Girls Will Be Girls (Travis bought the box set). We all stayed up late and Travis and Fernando let me crash on their floor in my sleeping bag, which was good, because it was about 37 degrees outside. I got to take a shower in the morning before I went to work.

Last night, I slept on the back porch again. It was very cold and I was pretty uncomfortable. I watched the end of Ernest in the Army (not the best of his films) and ate an MRE and went to sleep. About 11:30, I was awakened by two of the neighbors over at the "Hippie House" having a screaming fight, which ended with the girlfriend locking the boyfriend out and him pounding on the door and breaking several windows. She finally told him that she had called the police, and then it quieted down again.

Imagine my surprise about 3 AM, when I was awakened by a loud report. I initially thought boyfriend had returned with a shotgun, but it turned out to be a transformer fuse blowing on a nearby power pole, probably because of the increase demand due to the cold. I went back to sleep and then woke up about 7:30, when all the morning noises started. It was really cold and I didn't want to do anything much, so I tried to just nap for a few hours, but it was so loud that I couldn't really sleep, so I just lay there, listening to all the racket, until I finally got tired of that and got up to go to CC's, so I could go online and recharge my battery.

As I was leaving, I saw Travis, and I texted him later and asked if he wanted to get something to eat tonight, so maybe we can do that, later. Saw David at the store Sunday and he told me that he had had "too many cervezas" Saturday night. He was on his way to work.

I am hoping to hear from Chester this week. It would be nice to end all of this and have a place to live. I am really tired of this. Like, today: all I really wanted was to take a nap for a while, but it was so uncomfortable and loud where I was that I really couldn't. It is nice to have a place that is comfortable and quiet, where you can take a nap if you want. I really like to take a nap sometimes, when I am tired and really don't have anything else to do. It is refreshing. I will be so happy when I can take a nap whenever I want again. That is freedom.

No comments: