28 November 2008

I Got a New, Kewl Phone!

Lots and lots of things have been happening. Of course, yesterday was Thanksgiving, and Travis and Fernando and I ate shrimp and risotto con funghi and drank wine, and I slept inside (yay!).

Wednesday, Chester came into the store and wroe me a check for $1000 and said: "Carl, go get an apartment. Pay me beck when you can." That was cool. So, now, I have the money fr an apartment. Two hours later, Wallace Eversberg, whom I have rented from before, happened to come into the store and I asked him if he had a one-bedroom open and he said yes, at 525 State, so I told him I would call him about it. Unfortunately for me, it appears that his office is closed today, as well, so I won't be able to rent it until Monday. I have already gone by and looked at it. It is right down the street from Travis' apartment, and David's, so we will all be neighbours (actually, we are already neighbours, only I will actually have an address, now). So, I guess I will spend this week-end outside. I am considering spending the money for a room tonight, since it is supposed to rain (it is sprinkling now) and I will still have enough to pay rent and deposits. I would also dearly love to sleep in a bed, since I haven't since Thursday past. At any rate, I will soon actually live somewhere! Yay!

I got a new phone! It is a Samsung Rant, and I have unlimited data and text on my new contract. It will end up costing me $50, with the mail-in rebate. It is utterly kewl! It's got a slide-out full keyboard and a full-colour screen that flips when you slide the keyboard out. I can access the web with the built-in browser and even connect directly to YouTube (once I figure out HOW to do anything on it). It's really fancy. It's red, too. It's got Google. I have no earthly idea how to use it, although I did manage to make a couple of calls and I think that I actually sent a text message successfully. I am sitting at CC's, going over the manual. I am generally pretty good with tech stuff, so I am sure I will be able to use it after a short period of adjustment. Right now, it has capabilities I haven't even dreamt of yet! Golly!

The girl at the store was really nice. Turns out she writes poetry, so we exchanged e-mail addresses, and she gave me the URL to her own website, and I will check out her poetry. Strange, how I meet interesting people all the time.

Oh, well. Back to the manual. Maybe I can figure out how to blog and vlog from my phone. Hope La Quinta has a room open tonight. Got tomorrow off. Wish I could spend it moving, but I guess Monday will be the day for moving. Good thing my next check wil be a fat one, since I worked the holiday. Maybe things are (kind of) looking up.

No comments: