11 November 2008

Long Night's Journey into Day

Monday sucked, all day long. I wound up at CC's for a few hours, blogged some, wrote some, researched some stuff I was interested in and watched a terrible online movie, "Frankenstein's Daughter", which was made in 1958 and features a be-bop quartet, a girl who drinks spiked fruit punch that makes her buck-toothed and gives her a skin condition, and a monster with a bandaged head, complete with neck-bolts, which runs semi-amok a few times before obligingly setting itself on fire. That was the high point of the day.

Went by Zippy's, and I was going to see if Travis and Fernando wanted to meet me thee to eat. I was going to have a margarita while I waited to hear from them, but the bartender, spying my backpack and sleeping bag, informed me that I would have to order food if I wanted the $2.75 margarita. It was so obvious that she was intent on "keeping the riff-raff out". Bitch. I love it when that happens. It pissed me off. Her attitude was so ... condescending. I told her that I didn't know whether I would be eating or not, and she said, "Well, tell me when you make up your mind." What a cunt!

I finally decided to eat there, and had an order of nachos and a magarita. She was on break, then. She returned while I was eating, and ignored me as if I wasn't there at all. I don't think I will be patronizing Zippy's any more ... at least for a while. Too bad, but I don't like being shit on.

Tammy had asked me if I could come in to work later, so I texted Travis and went by there and borrowed their shower. Then I called Tammy back, but they didn't need me after all, so I hung out with Travis and Fernendo for a while, just listening to music and reading. I am trying not to depend on them too much. I don't want to be a bother, and I don't get much help from anyone else these days. I woul have real trouble keeping a job if it wasn't for the use of their facilities. When things are better, I will have to do some things for them.

Borrowed a movie from Travis and watched it while I ate part of an MRE, back behind the building where I have been sleeping. Chris the Squatter has moved in to the Possum Hilton permanently: he was there when I passed by this morning, about 10:30. He sleeps there most of the day and panhandles in the afternoon. I guess he gets fucked up on something at night, because he usually winds up there late. I wish there was a way to get him out of there, but I guess it doesn't matter much. Maybe the possum will bite him.

It is very uncomfortable, sleeping on the ground in a sleeping bag. If I lie on my back, my back starts to hurt after a while. When I roll over on my side, my hip bones grind into the ground and my arms go to sleep. I keep waking up and rolling over. Also, there is a lot of noise from traffic, people walking around, etc., and that wakes me up, too. I never really get a good night's sleep.

Woke up this morning and had cocoa and chili mac from my MRE for breakfast. While I was eating, a well-dressed woman came up to me and gave me a copy of the Watchtower. Even when you're homeless you can't escape the Jehovah's Witnesses! Go figure.

It is supposed to rain this week, which is not good. It is also supposed to be in the 30s this weekend, which is also not good. I hope the deal with Chester goes through and I can get an apartment soon. Things are going to get very uncomfortable very soon, otherwise.

No comments: