24 November 2008

Blah Blah Monday Blah Blah

Not much important has happened over the past few days, and I have been working a lot and that's my excuse for not blogging, shallow as it is. It has been rather chilly, and Travis and Fernando let me spend a few nights on their floor in my sleeping bag, which was very much more comfortable than being outside, but last night was more temperate, and I wound up outside again. I thought at first that Travis was cross with me, but it turns out they just wanted some privacy, and it is a bit cramped with m sleeping in the living room. So, I slept outside again last nigh, which wasn't too bad until about 3:30, when it strted raining. I got up in the corner, under the balcony, and stayed relatively dry.

Before I went to sleep, I watched a movie that Travis had just bought, Don't Mess With the Zohan, which was kind of funny. It has Adam Sandler in it as the Mossad's top agent who fakes his own death so that he can emigrate to New York and follow his dream to become a hairdresser. Lots and lots of slapstick, outrageous stunts and off-colour humour. It was amusing.

I took a shower at Travis' place and came here to (you know where) CC's, since I don't work today (I wish I could, even if the past few days at work have been horrible). I am hoping to hear from Chester soon, as I really want to be in my own place by the first of the month, which is next Monday. Since I have today off, it would be an ideal day for getting all the things done that I have to do to get moved, such as pay deposits and arrange for the electricity and water to be turned on. I am hoping that Wallace Eversberg, who was my landlord of many years, has a property open in the State St. area. I intend to call his office this week, as soon as I have the money situation in hand.

Oddly enough, as I was leaving Travis place, I ran into Ned, Wallace's handyman of many years standing, working on one of the rental properties. I asked him if there were any vacant and he said that there were a couple that would be vacant soon, and to call Wallace's receptionist. He told me that he would help me find a place, which was nice of him. He is a good man.

So, anyway, here I am, bored as hell, blogging away (I would much rather have a nap right now). After a while, I will pick up tonight's MRE fro the store, and then I will see if Travis and Fernando mind my compny for awhile tonight. Maybe we can watch a movie. I will be glad when I have somewhere to go again.

No comments: