05 November 2008

Obama .. Yo Mama!

I would get a bumper sticker that says that ... if I had a bumper. That would be partial payback for all the W. The President stickers that I have endured for four years. Maybe I could get an Obama ... Yo Mama! t-shirt instead. It would probably be inappropriate, which is another reason to want one. Oh, how I haven't wished, so often, when run off the road, honked at, yelled at or otherwise bullied by a (usually large) motor vehicle, bearing a Bush/Cheney bumper sticker, for a bicycle-mounted RPG, or similar apparatus, with which to express my disgust at both their lack of courtesy and general lack of judgement!

The other night, on my way over to Travis' place, some idiot in a big pickup passed me so closely on Perkins Rd.that his fucking side mirror nailed my elbow. I almost ran off the road. This is about the fifth time I have been smacked by a goddamned side-view mirror! He stopped up ahead, long enough to lean across the seat and re-adjust his mirror, then he drove on. When I got to Trav's, I asked him if my elbow was bruised, because it hurt like hell. It was dripping blood all over my shorts. Frenando got me some stuff to clean it up, and a bandage. Asshole. They always just drive away. Oh, for an RPG ...

Tonight finds me (as pretty much any Wednesday night I am off) on the porch at Serrano's, listening to live music, drinking half-price margaritas and glomming free WiFi. Oh, the vagabond life!

Tonight finds me in a much better mood than earlier this week: the country (finally) seems to be headed in the right (I mean correct) direction, Chris the Squatter is gone (hopefully, for good), and there is other good news: My friend Chester, with whom I used to deliver bread down in Donaldsonville, gave me a call tonight, as I was blogging over at CC's. He told me that he might have a position open for me on a bread route, if I wanted it, sometime soon. He also told me that he was cashing in some investments, since he and his wife have been hard-hit by the downturn in the Stock Market, to invest some of it in more secure places and have some money available, in case of financial problems. He said that he had talked it over with his wife, and that he would be willing to loan me enough money to get an apartment, if I would pay him back. I said that I would pay him back each month, once I got settled, and pay him interest, too, if he wanted. He said he would get back to me about it and the job, but that he was planning on doing it, to help me out. How about that?

I can't count on anything, though, because life right now is so tenuous that I have to always be prepared for the worst. But, it is something to hope for. If we can defeat the entrenched Neo-Con, GOP juggernaut that has laid waste this country, crushed its ideals underfoot and made a mockery of human rights both here and abroad, after over 30 years of their evil influence, maybe I can get an apartment. YES WE CAN! Did Barack really study the philosophy of my hero, Bob the Builder? It's an interesting parallel. Both Bob and Barack accomplish things by working with others. They both look upon their associates as dignified and co-equal contributors to what is to be built.

This is what Bob's website says about him: "Bob the Builder and his machine team are ready to tackle any project. As they hammer out the solutions that lead to a job well done, Bob and the Can-Do Crew demonstrate the power of positive-thinking, problem-solving, teamwork and follow-through. Most importantly, from start to finish, the team always shows that The Fun Is In Getting It Done!"

Could Barack Obama hope for a better philosophy? I hope our new President will take a few tips from Bob the Builder. Fuck Joe the Plumber! You'll NEVER see HIM on PBS!

No comments: