23 December 2008

Poo Days


Long time no blog. I admit to being a little be-otch. Many, many things be happening, O, Best Beloved. I sure hope this is in Lucinda Grave. I Love sans serif fonts!

Well, I wasn't, at least last week. Poor little thing, I was smitten from below by a nasty virus from Hell. Oh, shit .. LC isn't!!! Oh well. Serifs will have to do. Are you out there? Hello?

Anyway, I got this nasty poo virus. I call it a nasty poo virus because that's all you do, is hurt in your vitals and poo a lot, and the poo is legendary. The beginning is what we here in South Louisiana call "gumbo poo", and ends with the "Hershey squirts". It is accompanied by gastric disturbances that rival the separation of California from the rest of America by gastric default. Can I describe it better? The rumble in the jungle is the rumble in your pants.

So, I get over that. It cost me a day off work, which I can't really afford, being a wage slave. It also wiped (pun intended) out my supply of toilet tissue. So, I had to go to work to resupply my TP.

It has been hot and cold: one day it is around freezing and the next day I can ride in a t-shirt and bike shorts. It has been rather pretty out. Ducks be ducking, on the lakes. I be ducking traffic. Today is no different. Here, I was planning a day with no stress, just writing, watching movies (Fern loaned me a bunch of Almodovar) and (leisurely) putting my new house in order, and I get called in to work. Well, I can use the money, so I am going. Beats beating off (not really, but that doesn't pay a lot), so, it's into my tiny shower and a sprint to the store for me.

It's not cold now, but I'm taking my ski gloves anyway. Last night, my fingers got frosty. The wind is from the North, so it's easy riding to work. Wind in my face tonight, I guess.

No comments: