01 December 2008

Now My Phone Won't Work!

Really! Just spent all that money on a new phone, and thought I had until December 19 to pay the bill, but they changed the billing date (apparently) and so, I went to text Travis and, lo and behold, my fucking phone wouldn't fucking connect! Goddammit! Is there no end to my tribulations?

So, I am back at CC's, blogging and charging. No idea what else to do today. I was hoping that I would be busy moving stuff and getting the electric turned on and starting to get settled in a new place, but not today. Guess not. Probably an MRE tonight and a movie until my battery dies.

I wanted to get one of those inflate-a-beds. I was hoping to sleep on that tonight. Wallace's secretary is supposed to call me tomorrow and let me know when I can expect to move in (and where). I would love an inflate-a-nap now. I wish I could take an inflate-a-nap with me, so, whenever I got bored and had a few minutes, I could inflate it and snooze. That would be so really coolio.

Hope the payment on my phone account goes through soon. Made it at Radio Shack. Supposed to be posted within 4 hours ... usually sooner. What an annoyance. Everything always seems to happen at once. Of course, that makes no sense at all: how could something not happen at once? How else would it happen? "Suddenly, something happened." As opposed to what? "Gradually, something happened?" How about: "It happened in a series of installments, as spelled out precisely in the enclosed brochure." How about: "Nothing happened?" Nothing cannot happen, by definition. "Nothing didn't happen" makes more sense, except for being a double negative of sorts, which makes it grammatically suspect. Which brings me right back to the subject of being bored and having nothing to do, which is probably what drove Nietzsche to stare into the abyss until he went all wobbly and retired from the philosophy business. Damnit, one of the reasons I got this kewl fone was to dispell boredom! Damned abyss pisses me off!

No comments: