02 December 2008

Fate


Okay. So, I put down a deposit on a place, but the guy who is supposed to have moved out hasn't yet, so I am supposed to have a place I can move to this week, but it might not be the place I want, but another place, in Spanish Town, where my friend Ben used to live, but that guy hasn't moved out yet, either. None of this really bothers me much, considering how totally fucked up my life has been lately. Why should anything go according to plan? I'm getting used to making two or three plans at the same time, because at least one of them is bound to fail.

Spent the last night on Travis' floor. I can tell that having to temporarily house me is wearing on him somewhat, but he has really been super about the whole thing, and so has Fernando. We will ALL be glad when Carl has his own place.

Went by work to check my schedule and grab something to eat yesterday and Ken (who used to be my boss, in the liquor department) asked me if I could work a couple of hours for him because one of his people called in sick, so I did, only I wound up closing. That was okay, because I can use the hours, and I wouldn't have had anything to do, anyway, except what I'm doing now, which I can't do all the time because it would make me monomaniac. When T. (I'm using initials to protect the innocent) came to relieve me at 10, she said that she had chided him for the way he had treated me before, saying, "Now, Carl is saving your ass again. Don't you feel bad?" And, she said, he said yes.

Which brings me to the point of this post, if there is a point to this post:a lot of people actually like me, where I work. Pretty much everyone knows my situation, and several people told me last night that they are glad that things are getting better. One of my co-workers told me that she would help me get furniture, if I need it. Another co-worker told me that he never would have made it through what I have, and that he admired my courage and resourcefulness. So, maybe all of this crap has been for a reason. I hope not. I'm not a big believer in FATE. That implies that I have even less control over my life than I think I do, which is awfully scary.

At any rate, I will give Wallace's office a call today, and, hopefully, find out where I will be living and when I can move in. Travis and Fernando have been so sweet to me, and I really don't want to put them out any more than I already have. Who would ever have thought that my ex-boyfriend and his boyfriend would turn out to be the best friends I have? Go figure.

No comments: