06 January 2010

Internet Gyrations and Such

Finally figured out how to post to my blog from the library (you have to get around their filter): I open my gmail account and post from there. Haven't quite figured out how to post from my phone yet, but I am sure that it is possible.

Anyway: The Caterie, a venerable establishment that was a venue for many local bands, particularly those starting out, burnt on New Years. They thought the fire was out, but when I rode past there about 6 AM, it had flared up again and was burning again. It wound up wiping out a copy shop, a liquor store and Claitor's Books (which publishes most of the books used by Law students), before they finally put it out. It did about $10 million in damages. I got a few pictures that I will try to post (haven't figured out how to do that without my laptop, which has bluetooth). I'll post those in the near future.

I am going back to work where I was working before. Yay. At least I will have an income, so they won't boot me out of the shelter into the street. Right now, things suck with a great suckiness, unparalleled in the annals of sucky things. At this rate, it is going to be a while before I have enough money to move (hopefully, out of Lousyana). I also worry about my cats, even though my former neighbours are looking after them and I DO go by, just about every day, to take them food and commune with them. With luck, I will be able to bring them along when I move.

Until then, I am living the life of Riley (if Riley were an impoverished fellow living in an homeless shelter). It is wonderful. Every day, they kick us out at 6 AM (I am usually gone by then). We can come back after 4 PM, and, if you don't show up by 6 PM, you lose your bed and are put out into the cold, unless you are working and sign a sheet to that effect, in which case you are allowed an extra two hours.As a result, I will have to work days, until the situation changes, which I hope it does soon, before I go stark, raving mad.

More to follow. I shall try to work on my blog faithfully and dutifully record all such things as may be of interest and enlightenment to the reader, blah, blah, blah [insert example of selflessness here].

So, when does my life quit sucking?

No comments: