29 October 2008

Bacon and a Shower

So, like most Wednesdays, today I am broke again (until tomorrow). Maybe I can borrow a few bucks from K. I can ask, anyway: he comes in this afternoon, and I work at 2. Tomorrow is Hotel Day. I can hardly wait.

It was FUCKING COLD last night, at the Possum Hilton. I think it was about 36 degrees. I was writing on my latest work when the power went out, all over the neighborhood. Everything went black, except for my laptop screen. People came out of their apartments and started screaming like idiots (it's a college neighborhood). Then, the power came back on.

This morning, I went by Travis' apartment (which is, like, mere feet away) and got to take a shower. That was the first shower I have had since Sunday. I hate being dirty. It is one of the worst things about being homeless (and believe me, that is a long list). Went by the store to check my schedule, and there were some fresh bacon samples in the deli, so I snagged some for breakfast. I scrounged up about a buck's worth of change from my backpack, so I have enough for a drink, when I get to work. Hopefully, I can borrow a few bucks from K., so I can eat later.

Right now, I am sitting at CC's. I didn't have enough money for coffee, which makes me feel a little guilty, but I drink coffee here all the time (like, every day), so I don't feel that guilty about not buying anything today, even though I will be here for the next couple of hours. I have to be somewhere, and this isn't so bad. I can go online, blog and write.

I have tried and tried to delete Civilization IV from my machine, so that I can re-install it. It stopped working after I downloaded a patch for it about a month ago, and it hasn't worked since. I can't quite seem to get rid of all the files, and the damned installer won't install the thing again until I get rid of them. This pisses me off, because I love the game, and I could pass a few good nights at the PH, playing it. This is very frustrating. I have tried to get hold of Firaxis Games, but to no avail. They don't list an e-mail address for tech support. If anybody out there has Civ IV, DON'T INSTALL THE UPDATE PATCH: your game will stop working.

I decided to only have one Hotel Day per week: otherwise, I will not be able to save any money. I can't count on Bridget, obviously, to pay me anything any time soon, so I'm going to just have to save the money for an apartment without her paying me back. I figure this could take 8-10 weeks, if I really scrimp and don't spend any money, and it is going to get awfully cold at the PH by that time. Still haven't been able to locate any rooms for rent, but I will look around some more this week. That would be a lot better option than hotels and he PH.

Guess that's about it for now. Not much to talk about today, I guess. I hope I can scrape up the money to eat tonight: I am hungry.

No comments: