27 October 2008

Another Perfectly Good Day Shot to Hell

Got a whopping $50 from Bridget. I was at work and she sent Christie (her trained chihuahua) in to give it to me. She didn't even have the guts to face me herself. Christie didn't either, she literally sneaked up behind me, pt $50 on the counter, and was halfway out of the store before I turned around.

I woke up about 9:30 the next morning, when Travis came into the PH to do laundry. We went back to their apartment and had coffee, and I got to take a shower and do my wash. Bridget texted me and said she wanted to talk, and I texted her back and said no, thanks, I just want my money. This prompted a text duel. She texted me back "man if thats how u feel fuck it". I said, how do you expect me to feel, since I bailed you out and I'm homeless, and you have made only the slightest of efforts to pay me back (Imagine, her getting all huffy because I'm pissed at her. Who wouldn't be pissed off, in my situation? Like, I don't have the right to get angry when people crap all over me?). Then, she texts me back: "man im trying fuck my brother just died no insurance im fucking trying get it 2u as fast as I can". I understand that her brother just died,but he hasn't died for the past five entire months. God knows when I will see more money from her. If I could afford to, if I had enough money to live, I'd just blow the whole thing of: this is like dentistry in the days before novacain.

Anyway, I hung out with Travis for the morning, then we all went to Subway and got some lunch. I ended up working 2-10:30, and went back to the PH and watched Iron Man (yeah, there was nothing wrong with my machine: it was those used DVDs from Blockbuster). Travis said they wouldn't run on his computer, either, until he installed a new freeware reader, called Interactual, so I'm going to download it today.

In a bizarre twist, the following story was reported about Michelle Obama: according to the New York Post, on October 16, while her husband was giving a speech, Michelle Obama ordered room service at the Waldorf-Astoria and gorged herself on "imported champagne, lobster and caviar". The only problem is that Mrs. Obama was in Fort Wayne, Indiana, at the time, giving a speech. The Post printed a retraction, but that didn't stop Neo-Con propagandist Sean Hannity from blathering about it all day long on his imbecilic radio show where he repeatedly referred to her as eating "Iranian caviar", as though this (being, I suppose, axis-of-evil caviar, as opposed to merely nasty old Russian caviar) was not only an example of the Obamas' "liberal elitism", but a tie to terrorist sturgeon, as well. I don't recall hearing a retraction from Hannity, but he is a butt-plug.

This morning, I was awakened by an old black guy with a weedeater, which he was utilising to spread large amounts of dust all over the neighborhood. I got dust all over my laptop before I got up an closed it, so I left the PH early (I don't work until 3) and rode to CC's, where I got a large coffee, so I can surf the net, write and blog in peace. Looks like I will have 40 hours this week: I get a lot of hours because I will work any time. Of course, I don't have a lot else to do, especially anything that is particularly time-sensitive or schedule-oriented. I live like flotsam.

Maybe, when I get off, I will have time to get a margarita at Serrano's. All I have eaten today is a blueberry scone, and I probably won't eat again until later. My budget until Thursday is $30. Failing the development of some kind of solution to my housing problem, I guess it's La Quinta again on Thursday, with clean sheets, a shower, TV and (hopefully) WiFi. That, and Sundays with Travis and Fernando, is the only good stuff going on these days.

Travis won a contest at Albertson's (posibly because of me): every time I went into the liquor department, I would fill out these contest blanks for the two of them (since I work there, I can't win anything), for a contest which would get you a case of wine and some other stuff. Travis won it, and got a case of wine, a giant stuffed tiger, an LSU blanket, two folding chairs, portable ice chest and two tickets to the LSU-Tulane game, this week-end! Wow! So they get to go to the game on Saturday. I must have filled out about 20 or more blanks for them, so it is a possibility that that helped, even though Fernando filled out a bunch of them, too. Travis certainly had an advantage, statistically ...

Now, if my dream comes true, and I hit the Lottery ... It wouldn't have to be a lot. I'm not greedy. All I want is enough money to rent an apartment. Okay, buying a condo would be better. Or a small private island. Anything would beat the Possum Hilton.

Gee, it's only 11:00, and I have four hours until I go to work. I would like to be sleeping, right now; it was cold last night (it's going to be colder tonight), I was really uncomfortable and the weedeater dude ran me out of the place with his dust storm. I guess I'll get something to eat in a little while. Perhaps some wonderful new adventure awaits me, just around the corner ...

I sure hope not.

No comments: